Special Spiced lamb Turkish pizza Carrot recipe
Cooking time less than 60 minutes
- 1½ tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled & grated
- 500g lamb mince
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Sea salt & cracked black pepper
- 1 Turkish bread loaf, halved horizontally
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 3 cups grated mozzarella
- lemon wedges, to serve
- sharp knife
- bread knife
- large frying pan
- kitchen spoon
- large baking tray
- baking paper
- Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan).
- Heat oil in frying pan over high heat and add onion and carrot. Fry gently for 4 mins.
- Add mince to pan and cook for 3 mins to brown well. Add garlic, allspice and cumin and cook for a further 2 mins until mince is almost cooked through. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Assemble pizzas Place bread halves on lined tray. Spoon lamb mixture over bread and top with spinach and mozzarella.
- Bake pizzas in oven for 15 mins until bread is crisp and cheese is bubbling and golden.
- Serve Cut into portions and serve with lemon wedges. Enjoy!
Tips You can use beef mince if you prefer. If you love cheese, add crumbled feta to the topping for extra melted gooeyness. Mmm…